Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Little Things

Little things that go wrong seem big. Why is that?

On Sunday my car was hot when I got in it. I must have burnt my elbow on the metal and not noticed. Later I discovered a blister already burst. After another day it was scabby, the next day bleeding. This felt like a huge thing to deal with, more than I could cope with (though I did cope, of course; I'm just saying how it felt).

Yet when Andrew was alive I coped with much bigger things all the time, and hardly turned a hair.

Is it that I have had my fill? The straws have so badly weakened the camel's back that the slightest little thing now feels massive enough to break it? I guess that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated and will be visible after approval from blog owner. If you can only comment anonymously, please include your name in the comment, just so I know who's talking to me.